• Owned by the government of Qatar, an absolute monarchy of the Muslim Al Thani family.
• Gained access to 41 million America cable subscribers by buying Al Gore's Current TV .
• Al Jazeera English launched in 2006.
• Currently building a new facility in Washington, DC.
• Fifth most influential global brand behind Apple, Google, Ikea and Starbucks.
• Launched on 1 November 1996 .
• The Chairman of Al Jazeera is Sheikh Hamad bin Thamer Al Thani, a distant cousin of Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Please report errors
Like this story?
Help Kenn spread the word by clicking it onto Facebook. See icon below . . .
Permission is granted to use the material in this article providing (1) the byline is included in an obvious manner crediting DailyKenn.com as the author, (2) a link to this page is included and (3) no changes are made either by deletion, addition or annotation. Original compositions at DailyKenn.com are sometimes seeded with decoy data, such as hidden acronyms, to detect unauthorized use and plagiarism.
COMMENTS: The use of vulgarities and pejoratives may result in your comment being zapped. -->