• The Hispanic population grew to 53 million in 2012.
• The Hispanic population increased 50% (2000 to 2012).
• The overall population increased 12% (2000 to 2012).
• The Hispanic population increased six-fold since 1970.
• Hispanic population growth accounted for
more than half of the country’s growth (2000 to 2012).
• 10 largest counties by Hispanic population accounted for
22% of the national Hispanic population growth between 2000 and 2011.
• Half of these counties are located in California.
• The Hispanic population was 53,027,708 in 2012.
• Mexicans are the largest Hispanic origin group.
• The composition of Hispanic origin groups varies by geographic area.
• Mexicans represent a majority of Hispanics in all but 11 states.
• Puerto Ricans are the largest Hispanic group in New York and New Jersey.
• Cubans are most populous Hispanic group in Florida.
• The demographics of each origin group vary significantly.
• Hispanics of Mexican origin are the youngest out of the 14 largest origin groups.
• The median age of Mexicans is 25, compared with Cubans’ median age of 40.
• Venezuelans are the most likely to have a college degree (51%).
• 7% of both Guatemalans and Salvadorans have a college degree.
Census Population Estimates
Send no money. I don't take cash from readers. But you CAN help me help me when you LIKE DailyKenn.com on Facebook. Click the ✓ below.
[ DailyKenn.com ► ]
Please report errors
Like this story?
Help Kenn spread the word by clicking it onto Facebook. See icon below . . .
Permission is granted to use the material in this article providing (1) the byline is included in an obvious manner crediting DailyKenn.com as the author, (2) a link to this page is included and (3) no changes are made either by deletion, addition or annotation. Original compositions at DailyKenn.com are sometimes seeded with decoy data, such as hidden acronyms, to detect unauthorized use and plagiarism.
COMMENTS: The use of vulgarities and pejoratives may result in your comment being zapped.